Wednesday, February 10, 2016

The Silent Crtique

This is an idea I heard about from a video by  at the theartofed.com .  (I had to tweak the idea a little due to the size of my classroom and age of my students.  

Over the last two weeks I had on display 6 - 7 pieces of artwork created by students from the 3rd - 6th grade.  The names of the artists were covered by a sticky note with a number on it.  As the classes came in  the students were handed a small piece of paper and asked to write a compliment or two about one of the works on display.  Since they did not know who created the piece they were not influenced by who the artist was and were able to really concentrate on what they liked about the work.  The compliments got taped onto the backs of the projects before I filed the artwork into the students portfolios.  By the end of the week all the students had compliments taped to the back of their Cubism Portraits.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment